tagline

life is beautiful

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Delicious Coconut Pancakes

My sweet husband took us out on Christmas Eve morning as a surprise, (Good morning, would you like to out for breakfast? - What a sweetheart!) and we had the most delicious coconut pancakes at a local place called "Joy's Bakery." 
Since then, I've tried several times to replicate Joy's pancakes, and most of the recipes have been pretty complex (and calorie-heavy, involving coconut milk, etc.).  But the pancakes I was after weren't Thai specialties, they were just good old "American Coconut Pancakes" served with whipped cream (not a pineapple reduction), so on Saturday night I decided to try something simpler! 
I took boxed buttermilk pancake mix and made regular pancakes. Then, just before I flipped them, I sprinkled some sweetened shredded coconut (the kind you buy in the baking aisle at the grocery store) on the wet side and finished cooking as usual. And..... Voilà!

Our new favorite pancakes. Mmmmm!

(Excuse the fall décor in the background... I "stored" it on that door before Christmas and there it remaineth still...)

No comments:

Post a Comment