tagline

life is beautiful

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Reflecting

Today I had occasion to read through a journal that I kept 8 years ago. I'm so thankful that I took the time to write about what God was doing in my life then, and I'm sorry that I've only sparsely recorded anything about what He's done in me since that time.  It was incredibly refreshing to see the beauty of His hand guiding me through time spent in His word, by limited and opened opportunities, and the spiritual growth that was happening in my through it all.  Now, several years later, I know more about the story than I did at that time. I've heard others' opinions of what was happening, and I've experienced the results of decisions I made.  But I really had forgotten a lot of the details, especially what I was telling the Lord and how He was answering me.... so I am re-inspired to keep a careful account of the beautiful ways God works in and through and leads me so that I can be blessed in another 8 or 10 years by what is happening today.

No comments:

Post a Comment