tagline

life is beautiful

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Two Beautiful Ideas!

Here are two of the most awesome ideas I've seen in a loooooong time.  We're going to try both of them over at our house.... :D
First check out these lined canvas bins.  Would you believe this fantastic Mama made these out of diaper boxes?!  There's no end to the color combos, and if you ask me, they really look like something way too expensive for me to want to shell out cash for.  I can envision how useful and PRETTY these will be in my office, in my kids' rooms... even in the church nursery? LOTS of potential! Hooray!  (Note to self: just be sure to ask your honey-bunny husband to do the adhesive spraying, because it gives you a whopping headache everytime you use it.) Projects like this are more fun when they're a family affair, anyway. ;)

Then there's this gorgeous art project.  I really love how it's going to be perfect for my biggest little one to actually do most of the work. And then we can treasure it and the memory of making it together for years!   I think for my little guy we might try more of a primary color scheme and/or maybe a different shape.  We do love those 40% and 50% off coupons from Michael's!! Helloooooo, Martha's paper punch section! (Has anybody ever tried to punch felt with those paper punches? I'm dying to try it.

When I have a few skinny minutes, I love to peruse Ohdeedoh, the children's design branch of Apartment Therapy blogs... and both of these ideas were featured there.  Take a peek.  You'll enjoy the beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment