tagline

life is beautiful

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

DIY Holiday Handwash

I looooooove this stuff!
But you know what?  I don't really love its price tag (even with a Black Friday coupon!).

A few months ago on Pinterest I discovered a wonderful handy trick for making your own foaming hand soap (to re-use those great foaming soap bottles), and I tried it and it worked marvelously!  I had some unopened baby wash left over from a generous shower gift (two extra bottles!) and now I only use about 2-3 Tbsp of it each time I refill my foaming soap pump.  I figure I'm saving big bucks each time I refill and make my own instead of buying a new bottle!

So I've been going along, completely happy with my frugal hand soap solution UNTIL.... I went to do a bit of Christmas shopping.  (You know there's nothing better to make you want, want, want than that, right?!)  There I was walking around smelling all the gorgeous holiday scents and I started remembering this Vanilla Bean Noel soap, and I started thinking about how I used to buy it every year and how special I thought it was for house guests to wash with something so delicious-smelling, and how that was such a nice tradition aaaaaand of course I wandered over to the soap shop and started gazing longingly at the Christmas soaps.... you know how it goes!  But I eventually stopped drooling, decided not to buy it that day, finished my errands and took my self right home before $12 of holiday bathroom cheer leaped out of my wallet.

Later THIS VERY WEEK I was organizing under my bathroom cabinet (hunting the baby soap because it was time to refill my frugal foaming soap and lo and behold I discovered a forgotten bottle of warm vanilla sugar body spray (another generous gift!).  Suddenly I thought, WHAT... IF... I pour some of this into my soap mixture?!?!?!?!

And ohhhhhh, I'm so glad that I did it because now I can share my little trick with you! Try this if you dare - I promise you won't regret it.  Neither will your pocketbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment