tagline

life is beautiful

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cherry Update

The Cherry Frozen Yogurt turned out FANTASTIC!  It really tasted like a fancy gelato that we've enjoyed in the past.  In fact, it was sooo good that I really have to show you how pretty it is and tell you the changes I made that made it even healthier yet still delish.

Just look at this lovely color:

I followed the recipe linked above, using this very low-tech method of "freezing," with the following alterations (I used what I had!).
  • Instead of 1/4 c. whole milk, I used 2% and an additional healthy splash of Almond Milk.
  • I used nonfat plain yogurt without adding heavy cream
  • I left out the almond flavoring.
Also, to save time and clean-up, I just added the dairy ingredients to my blender full of cherry purée and turned it on for a split second to combine.



If you try this with the full-fat ingredients, or if you use an ice cream maker, I'd love to hear your results.  I may try again with the recommended ingredients just to see the difference, and if it's significant, I'll let you know. 
On these warm days, I can't think of a better way to use your seasonal cherries. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment